Teaching students to write an organized 5 paragraph expository essay can be challenging. I have found that my third graders need quite a bit of scaffolding to be able to write a grade level expository composition. I made this workbook as a way of guiding students through the process including:
Writing Steps Included in the Workbook
- Choosing a Topic
- Learning How to Cite Sources (including websites, videos, and books)
- Developing 3 Solid Subtopics or Main Ideas for the Body
- Writing a Topic Sentence
- Creating an Engaging Hook
- Writing an Introduction Paragraph
- Easily Formatting Body Paragraphs
- Writing a Conclusion
This workbook contains 16 graphic organizers that make scaffolding expository/informational writing a breeze. I typically teach 1-2 worksheets per day and students end up with an exceptional nonfiction research essay in just a few weeks.
This Workbook is Great For
- ELL Studenets
- Students Who Don’t Like to Write
- Students Who Think They Can’t Write
- Students Who Need Help Organizing Their Writing Into Organized Paragraphs
- IEP and 504 Students Who Need Assignments Chunked
Google Slides or PDF to meet your classrooms needs. Print all of the worksheets to create a complete Informational Writing Workbook or pick and choose which worksheets make sense for your class.
Bonus writing paper included!