Looking for Digital Resources to Manage Your Classroom?
The Virtual Calm Down Kit gives you all the tools you need to manage students’ behaviors so that your classroom runs smoothly and easily (even if you have to teach remotely!)
Does this sound like you?
• You are worrying about how you will manage the kids that need more social and emotional help while teaching a whole class virtually
• You are struggling to find digital teaching tools that don’t require kids to print anything off
• You are worried about kids getting frustrated, confused, overwhelmed, and upset in the middle of virtual lessons
• You are exhausted and overwhelmed with learning all of these new systems and models and can’t even imagine having to learn and implement one more new skill into your repertoire right now.
Virtual Calm Down Kit
One of the biggest issues you’re facing is that you are overwhelmed with learning and implementing an entirely new teaching system and you need easy, practical tools that require minimal effort but offer huge benefits for you and your students.
With this unprecedented and uncertain time where we are headed back to school, virtually, how can we help those students who need extra social and emotional support through remote learning?
…and how can we help all students who are faced with the big emotions that come with learning in new ways, facing the disappointments of the new rules and regulations, not to mention the fears that many families have about their health at this time…
So I asked myself…
I knew that teachers and school counselors were facing so much uncertainty and fear about how they would manage their classrooms and teach in a completely new way…
I knew that they needed easy to use tools that would seamlessly transition between virtual and classroom use…
And I knew that the tools needed to be simple enough that they could pass them onto students with minimal effort and/or instruction…
The tools inside the Virtual Calm Down Kit are the same tools that I use every day with my own kids, and that my clients use with their students inside classrooms and counseling offices. They are just tweaked to be digital-friendly including:
- no need to print anything out – everything can be filled out on the screen.
- no need for lengthy lessons on how to use the tools – I have chosen the easiest and most fun options available!
- and, no need to learn new software or systems – all files are provided in .pdf format to view inside a browser window or adobe acrobat.
Can I print/make copies/email or otherwise distribute these tools to my students?
Yes! All of the products included in the Virtual Calm Down Kit include the license to reprint, email, copy, and distribute to any and all of your students, parents, and team members. If you would like to share any of these resources outside of your school – please inquire for additional licenses/special pricing.
I am not very tech-savvy – what do I need in order to use these files?
All of the files come as PDF’s that can be read in a browser or with acrobat reader which is a free software that is already included on most devices. No other software or tech skills required – just click to open and use!
Can I use these tools in other settings that a virtual classroom?
Yes, please feel free to use these tools in any way that would be helpful to you and the students you serve! You have access to all of the files for digital use or for printing. They are great resources for in-classroom or therapy sessions as well!
How should I use these tools in my virtual classroom?
Most of the items in the Virtual Calm Down Kit are extremely versatile and can be used in a number of ways including:
• Use just about any of the worksheets in the Brave Guide to Anger or the Brave Guide to Being Afraid as a lesson plan to teach calm down skills to the whole class
• Pick a different a Calm Down Card as part of your regular morning routine and practice with the whole class. Starting your day with coping skills helps kids learn to regulate their thinking and behaviors!
• Provide individual students with worksheets or calm down cards as needed when faced with disruptive or difficult emotions or behaviors. (This can be especially helpful for kids who have working parents that are not available to help calm them and keep them on task during the day.)
• Print out the Deep breathing posters and hang behind you for your virtual class times. You can also insert the posters into a google slide or share your screen in a zoom meeting as a placeholder while you wait for students to log in.
• Have your kids print out the coping skills fortune teller and fold as a class. Then, allow them to use it anytime they need a calm down tool during class! (You can also have kids make their own fortune teller based off of the PDF if they don’t have access to print the file!)
• Encourage your parents to set up calm down spaces at home for their kids to use during the school day with the BONUS Calm Down Corner Ideas Checklist. Email this list out to give your parents ideas for easy and cost-effective calm down tools they can give their kids at home!
Do the worksheets need to be printed or can my students fill them out digitally? (Many of my students don’t have access to printers)
I have designed all of the worksheets within the Brave Guide to Being Angry (Professional Edition) and the Brave Guide to Being Afraid (Professional Edition) as fillable PDFs. You will also receive 2 versions of each Workbook – 1 file as a complete workbook, and 1 file as the individual pages so that you can choose whether to give the activities and worksheets out one by one or as a whole. All files can also be print if you so choose.
What grade/age are these tools appropriate for?
These tools will work best for 2nd – 8th grade students who are able to read and write.
What if I am not happy with the kit, can I return it?
Unfortunately, due to the digital nature of this product, I am not able to offer refunds once you have downloaded the files. If you have any difficulties accessing or using the resources, please don’t hesitate to reach out – I want you to be successful using these with your kids!
Do I have to be a teacher to use these tools?
No! This kit would also be great for school counselors, mental health professionals, teacher’s aides, behavioral specialists, and even home-school parents!
Who is the Virtual Calm Down Kit For?
First-Year Teachers – here are ready-made tools that you will be able to use throughout your teaching career. (Look like a pro – right from the start by having social and emotional tools to lift your students up!)
Experienced Teachers – whether you are just starting out or are a teaching veteran, this year is bound to present unique challenges as we look at spending at least some of the year in a virtual learning environment. These calm down tools are already optimized for virtual learning and will allow you the ability to pull them out and use them quickly and easily!
School Counselors – trying to help your students in a virtual setting has presented some interesting challenges! These worksheets and tools give you fun activities to get the relationships rolling! They also offer you really practical resources that you can provide to the teachers at your school, to your students’ parents, and to the administration.
Mental Health Professionals – while this kit is aimed at the education field, you could also utilize all of the resources in a counseling/therapy setting as well (whether you are doing virtual visits or in-office sessions.)
Home School Families/Pods – These tools are so easy to use that you don’t need any fancy degree or education to be able to reap the benefits with your kids! Hang the deep breathing posters on your walls, print off the calm down cards and place on your children’s desks, and use the worksheets as social/emotional learning resources!
Now Only $47